Wedding Boudoir Photography:
A sensual celebration of a bride to be
Is bridal boudoir for me?
A bridal boudoir photography session is a perfect opportunity for a bride-to-be to celebrate her beauty, femininity and future devotion to her one and only.
Bridal boudoir is a means of artistically creating a tasteful narration that tells a story of honesty, sensuality and commitment.
Bridal boudoir also makes for chic art book spreads as an opening scene to the bridal getting ready shots of your wedding album (it is optional whether you would want to include them in your album).
It is important to note that a bridal boudoir shoot is not the same as a regular boudoir shoot. It is meant to supplement your wedding photography by bringing an added piece of your wedding day to your wedding photography. If your wedding schedule is running late or you or I feel it is going to jeopardize any other part of your wedding photography then it will take the lowest priority. It should be a fun and enriching part of your overall wedding photography experience.
But is it for me? If you like the idea of adding a bridal boudoir photography session to your wedding photography experience I offer the following advise and guidelines:
- Allow a dedicated 30 min in your wedding program for the shoot.
- Schedule the shoot after your hair and make-up has been done (A good time to do the shoot is while hair and make-up is being done on the other girls)
- Get some inspiration. A simple google search “wedding boudoir” will bring up plenty of inspiration for your photography session. Feel free to bring the images along on a tablet phone or email them to me before your wedding day. This will give me a good idea of what images appeals to you and I can style the shoot accordingly.
- Keep distractions to a minimum. I require you to be accompanied by at least one other woman that you are comfortable around (Mother or bridesmaid) but do not recommend having too many people accompanying the shoot.
- Keep a robe handy. I advise you to have a plain coloured robe or nighty available for practicality and comfort.
- Let us know what parts of your body you or your future hubby likes most. This might be eyes, smile, legs, bottom, chest, tummy, etc.
- Specify the level of nudity that you are comfortable with beforehand. Full nudity is a no-go and not suited for bridal boudoir but here are a few suggestions.
- Robe or nighty with lingerie underneath
- lingerie with dress veil (this will typically be “putting the dress on images”)
- topless with panties (please note that both nipples must be covered with your hands, pillow, hair etc. in the images – I will take care of posing if needed)
- Depending on which photographers will be at your wedding please keep in mind that a male might be doing your shoot. We can assure you complete professionalism from any of our team members.
- Lastly…. Have fun!! Like any of our other photography sessions we will do our best to make sure that you are having fun and feeling relaxed during your shoot. We will pose you when needed but remember that this session is about celebrating you and your hubby that is eagerly waiting for you on the other end of that isle!
Note: We only offer this service to clients who have already booked a wedding with us.